At The Rialto Square Theatre
rialto Square Theatre
The Rialto Square Theatre is interested in finding people who are able to assist with all sorts of volunteering opportunities ranging from, but not limited to, ticket taking, ushering, & fundraising. Volunteering opportunities are open to people 16 years of age and older. School service hours will be reported upon request. We are not able to accommodate court ordered community service hours.
“Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer.”
What is a Rialto Volunteer?
Is one who, under staff direction and supervision, assists in a service function of the theatre and is trained to give exceptional service to our patrons. The primary function of Volunteers is to serve the theatre where needed. By volunteering, you are not guaranteed to see a performance.
The volunteer should:
- Not request volunteer service due to court ordered community service.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Have a desire to volunteer.
- Have a sincere desire to be of service and the ability to devote time to volunteer service as needed.
- Make every effort to meet your event commitments.
- Be physically able to do service in the theatre including climbing stairs and standing for long periods of time.
- Have personal integrity, sincerity, neatness and pride in service.
- Be one who serves the theatre without salary.
- Be one who never doubts the importance of service and knows a sense of duty.
- Be one who will consult with the Event Manager if there is any criticism of the theatre, the procedures or the personnel.
- Be one who can further the public relations of the theatre.
PLEASE NOTE: Being a Rialto Square Theatre Volunteer may be physically demanding. We do not and cannot accommodate potential or current volunteers in either sedentary or stationary positions.
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer?
Please view the welcome letter below, print and fill out the volunteer application and return to the Rialto Square Theatre or, fill out the application online.
Mail-In Volunteer Application Form
Online Volunteer Application
For more information
Please contact Leann Hoffrogge
815-726-7171, Ext. 209
Looking for a last minute gift or just a treat for yourself?
We have different types of memorabilia merchandise available for purchase such as: a cookbook compiled by our volunteers, a brass keychain that looks like a ticket from the Rialto, CD’s of the Barton Grande Theatre Pipe Organ and a keepsake book packed with history, photos, and a plethora of information.